Re: [STDS-802-11-REG] DSRC Coexistence Tiger Team: Revised draft of letter posted

Hi Jim and All:
Thanks for this update.

I have one important concern, and then several other more minor points. The latter are captured as margin comments in the attached.

The larger concern, amplified by some of the suggested r1 edits, is that the letter might imply that a position coming out of the TT represents a full Wi-Fi/Auto consensus. As I've said on the calls, I view the TT as the place where the Wi-Fi experts can work toward a consensus on a technical sharing solution that satisfies the Part 15 rules on harmful interference, with information and early feedback provided by auto experts (among others).  Development of a Wi-Fi consensus would be a critical part of the overall process. I expect it would be followed by rigorous testing, outside of the TT, to vet the candidate solution. The CAMP VSC3 consortium is preparing to bring Auto OEM expertise to such testing.  Full Wi-Fi/Auto consensus would depend on the results of that testing, at a later stage in the overall process.

I suggest that the letter be modified to clarify that the TT role is part of a larger process toward development of a cross-industry consensus on sharing.

Please see the attached for specific suggested modifications.

Best Regards,
John

--
John Kenney