Re: [STDS-802-11-REG] Issues with Straw Poll Question 7

All,

In addition to the discussion on Q7, NCTA would like to discuss further Q1.

Q1 as written:

"Do you believe that sharing of the 5.9GHz band by unlicensed (Part 15) devices should be allowed?"

We suggest the following formulation:

"Do you believe that sharing of the 5.9GHz band by unlicensed (Part 15) devices should be allowed if sharing does not cause harmful interference to incumbent operations?"

Rationale: The FCC did not ask for an opinion on whether sharing should or should not be allowed. It asked about the technical feasibility of preventing harmful interference.

Comments welcome.

Regards,

Andy Scott

Vice President of Engineering

National Cable & Telecommunications Association

25 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.

Suite 100

Washington DC, 20001

202.222.2475