[STDS-802-11-TGAF] CIDs 290 and 492 on TVHT

To be discussed on our Oct 23rd teleconference:

I propose transferring CID 492 to the EDITOR, since it is very similar to CID 290

CID 290 EDITOR

Using TV High Throughput for Physical layer name is quite unfortunate. It name is referring to High Throughput Physical layer as specified in Subclause 20, but actually it is stated in subclause 23 that it is The TVHT PHY is based solely on the VHT PHY as defined in subclauses 22.3

Proposed Change

Consider renaming the Physical layer to "TV Very High Throughput" or rename it complete new way.

Ad-hoc Notes

Propose Revised. Television Very High Throughput

CID 492 GEN PHY

While TVHT is clever, it is also ambiguous. Does it mean TV-HT or does it mean T-VHT? I know what it means, but it looks like it could mean something completely different!

Proposed Change

Consider a different acronym, such as VHTT or VHTHV - not sure what that stands for, but it is palindromicaly clever. VHTV?  VHTTV? VHTTVB? VHTTVWS? VHTWS?

Best Regards,

petere

Peter Ecclesine, Technology Analyst

MS SJ-14-4 170 West Tasman Dr, San Jose, CA 95134-1706

Ph 408/527-0815, FAX 408/525-9256

"Time doesn't fool around."  "Without Prejudice" U.C.C. 1-207