Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAF] 802.11-12/1017r25 after Comment Collection 4 posted

All:

My response to Yongho went to the TGaf reflector, so it gives me an opportunity to thank all of those contributors that really made a difference in 2012.

This has been a difficult project at best, as it is regulatory driven, as I stated from the very beginning, and the regulators have been driving us in different and changing directions from the start.  As the Chair, I appreciate all of the hard work that has gotten us this far, as well as helping the regulators finding their direction.

We would not be where we are today without the dedication and understanding of our PHY experts from Broadcom, CSR, (the aforementioned) LGE, NICT and Qualcomm-Atheros, (in strictly alphabetical order).  In the coming weeks I will try to thank you individually.

On the MAC side, our friends at NICT, and one special dude from Broadcom have been unsparing of their time, wisdom and experience in helping us piece together this shot on the moving target that is the TVWS.

And there are so many more.

But my special special thanks must go to Peter, who has dedicated enormous amounts of time and energy to helping us all get this right, not to mention into Framemaker.  I would not want to speculate where we would be without Peter.

So for now, I want to wish you all the happiest of holidays, the healthiest of New Years, and I am looking forward to completing this task (at least the WG approved draft) this coming years.  Then we can all start to look at the new worlds of shared spectrum in support of the best wireless technology ever developed, IEEE 802.11.

Your humble Chair, Rich Kennedy

Yongho:
I would personally like to thank you and all of you LGE colleagues, especially Eunsun and Wookbong, for all the help and all your valuable contributions in 2012 towards the success of TGaf.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, and a happy and healthy 2013.
Rich Kennedy
Rich Kennedy
Standards Manager
Research In Motion Corporation
mobile: +1 (972) 207-3554
office: +1 (972) 910-3448
rikennedy@xxxxxxx

IEEE 802.11 TGaf Chair
IEEE 802.11 to 802.18 Liaison
IEEE 802.11 Regulatory Standing Committee Chair

Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory Task Group Chair