From: stds-802-11-tgah@xxxxxxxx [mailto:stds-802-11-tgah@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Donald Eastlake
Sent: 10 September 2013 16:27
To: STDS-802-11-TGAH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAH] Four hour rule question

Hi David,

I believe you are correct that the current four hour rule applies only to Drafts. However, if there is a document accepted as the base for a draft and people are passing motion to modify that document, they would be, for all practical purposes, changing the initial Draft. In that case, it really seems better to abide by the spirit of the rule and apply the 4 hour restriction...

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA  d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM, David Halasz <dave.halasz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a question on the 4 hour rule, and when does it go into affect.
> During the May meeting, TGah approved a motion to adopt 13/500r1 as
> the initial baseline draft text.
>
> The question is, does the four hour rule apply now or after the
> working group goes to Letter Ballot with Draft 1.0?
>
> From my reading of section 3.8 of our rules, the four hour rule does
> apply since there is a draft. But I thought it would be good to check
> with other members of the CAC. Let me know if there are any comment.
>
> Operations Manual
> https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/documents?is_dcn=1&is_options=5&is_year
> =2013
>
>   Dave H.

> _________
>
> IF YOU WISH to be Removed from this reflector, PLEASE DO NOT send your
> request to this CLOSED reflector. We use this valuable tool to
> communicate on the issues at hand.
>
> SELF SERVICE OPTION: Point your Browser to -
> http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-S1G and then
> amend your subscription on the form provided. If you require removal
> from the reflector press the LEAVE button.
>
> Further information can be found at:
> http://www.ieee802.org/11/Email_Subscribe.html
> _________

SELF SERVICE OPTION: