[STDS-802-11-TGAH] Comment resolution guideline

Hello all,

Regarding a comment resolution,

I have received an issue from our editor. An editing instruction of some comment resolution documents is not correct. Please follow the below guideline from WG editor, Adrian.

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/13/11-13-0230-01-0000-comment-resolution-tutorial.ppt

And, now the base document of 11mc for 11ah is Draft 2.0.

Thanks a lot,

Yongho

Use the correct resolution

Accepted means “we agree with the comment and the proposed change”.  It cannot be used if the proposed change is not sufficiently detailed that the editor and TG members know what the intended change is,  e.g. if the commenter offers alternative solutions.
Revised means “we agree with the comment,  but we approved a change different from the commenter’s proposed change”
Rejected means “we disagree with the comment, and made no changes”.  Don’t use “Rejected” if the comment is addressed in another comment.  Instead,  repeat part of the resolution of that comment as appropriate.   Don’t use “Rejected - Fixed in Draft x.y” as a resolution because it doesn’t say what you changed to resolve the comment.

Avoid over-use of references to submissions

This forces the commenter to do work that you could have done.
Copy and paste textual resolutions from submissions.
Reserve references for material that cannot be represented in plain text,  e.g. graphics and heavy use of insert/delete.
e.g. – bad usage:  “Rejected – see 11-12/1234r0”.

Avoid references to other comment resolutions
When we present unsatisfied comments to the EC (or RevCom read them),  they see only a subset of comments.  When RevCom look at a comment resolution,  they do not necessarily see the same comment ID as the TG works with.
These both mean that references to comment IDs in resolutions are useless.
Instead of referencing a comment resolution – copy it.
For example:
Revised. At page 1234 line 56,   change ‘nurgle’ to ‘flange’.
Note to editor (this is the same as comment resolution for CID 321).