[STDS-802-11-TGAI] Security/piggy-backing contributions 12/794r3 and 1/0052r3 uploaded (for discussion during IEEE 802.11 meeting Sep 2012)

Dear colleagues:

I uploaded contributions 12/794r3 (presentation) and 12/0052r3
(specification text) for discussion during the September 2012 meeting.
(I hope security discussions will not happen prior to Mon eve.)

Contribution 794r3 focuses on the cryptographic protocol aspects
(including "hook" for piggy-backing in cryptographic protocol flows.
Contribution 0052r3 has not changed much since I uploaded the first
version prior to the January 2012 meeting.

Intention is to align the message flows of the ECDH-based authenticated
public-key protocol and those of the EAP-RP protocol, so as to exploit
commonalities, economize on state machines, etc. This work is still
on-going, with other previous proposers in the same security realm. The
July session has showed that we can work in unison, so progress is just
a matter of time.

I do expect something unified to emerge by the Sep 2012 meeting.  This
will also result in updates of 794r3 and 0052r3. The current submissions
can therefore be viewed as a "sneak peak", with more details than in
previous contributions. What will remain though is compliance with
established standards, well-accepted and efficient crypto.

For those in the US and Canada: Have a nice Labor Day weekend.

Best regards, Rene

--
email: rstruik.ext@xxxxxxxxx | Skype: rstruik
cell: +1 (647) 867-5658 | US: +1 (415) 690-7363