Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAI] CID 4741 from LB201

Hello Dan,

>  The purpose of comment resolution is to improve the draft and ultimately

get the number of comments reduced. It is my contention that acceptance

of your proposed change would actually increase the number of comments

the TG received (it would receive at least 3 from me). Therefore rejecting it

on that account is entirely valid.

Again, I think you need to address my comment, even if you disagree

with my proposed resolution.

>  Well, your suggested text does not say "zero or more Fragment elements

with an information length of 255" it says "zero or more Fragment elements,

each containing the next chunk of information."

Yes it does.

> It also says that all Fragment

elements following the first are of length 255 so final fragment above violates

your description.

Again, it does not say that "all" Fragment elements have "length 255",

it says that "these" (i.e. the zero or more mentioned just before

(perhaps I should say immediately before)) have.

>   Exactly. If all fragments are of length 255, as your text says

Ditto.

> > I think I'm using "immediately following" in the same way as "immediately

following" is used 19 times in mc/D2.0 (though I admit I have not checked

them all).

>  "You shall perform action X immediately following action Y" is not the same

as saying "A is in an immediately following B".

I fail to see the difference in this case.

>  Does this mean you are going to produce and present a submission with your

suggested text or not?

As I previously stated, not at this stage.

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk