Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAI] 0741r3

Hi Jeongki and all,
In 0741r3, the Capability and Beacon Interval fields are no longer considered as a part of the BSS Parameter Set (used to be known as the AP Configuration Information Set), which means that if any of these two fields is changed, it will not cause the AP-CSN to increase.  I wonder if this will be problematic in the following case:

Let's say that a non-AP STA has been to an AP before and stored the BSS parameter Set and AP-CSN at that time. During the absence of the STA, a value in the AP's Capability field was changed (but it won't cause the AP-CSN to increase, based on 0741r3). Later, the STA comes back to the same AP.  By received a FILS Discovery frame that shows the same AP-CSN as before, the STA thinks every parameter of this AP is same as before and starts the association procedure. However, some value in Capability field has changed and the STA is unaware of that.  Will this cause any problem?

Thanks.
Yunsong Yang
Huawei Device USA Inc.
10180 Telesis Court, STE 165