Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAI] Response to CID 6806

Let me add to this discussion thread.

I start with some axioms:

·         n% of everything I do is utter rubbish.

·         I always make the same mistake twice.

·         “Paris in the the spring” is always correct until someone shows you the error.

·         n% of everything done by others is also utter rubbish.

We can argue about the “n”.    When editing the changes from a hundred comments,  that might touch hundreds of locations in the text,  my reviewers might find ~50 defects.

The burden to edit correctly falls ultimately on the editor.   He can and should take into mind the axioms above

and find a way to reduce his undetected error rate by involving those around him or her.

TGmc has a review process,  where we call for volunteers, and assign approved resolutions to volunteers to be checked.   The editor then considers each reported defect in turn and resolves it without further interaction from the group.

We recently changed to a new model whereby submission authors review changes in their submissions,

and comments not related to submissions are checked by an editor that did not do the original editing.  We can

do that because we now (temporarily) have the luxury of 3 editors,  and that is probably the motivation for the switch.

You should, as a group,  not be surprised if your editor comes back with the comment “this is complete rubbish,  I can’t understand a word”,  or “this resolution conflicts with the resolution of comment xyz,  and I don’t know what to do”.     This is to be expected given my Axiom 4 above.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +44 (7920) 084 900 (mobile,  UK)