Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAI] Comment resolution needed for MDR Report

On 4/4/15 9:33 PM, "Fangping (Device Standard)" <ping.fang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your comments on the resolution. I’m working on the MDR report as Co-Editor and I’m open to any resolution agreed by the group. The email was also sent to 11ai reflector encouraging the feedback from others.

Up to now, we received more than X thousand comments. I believe this clause is not the only one that received comments in more than one ballot.

  More than X thousand comments? Wow, how exhausting. I feel like I have resolved N thousand myself!

  You're right that this clause is not "the only one that received comments in more than one ballot" but
the thing is, I never said it was. You will notice that what I said was, "the current fragile specification that
seems to generate comments every single ballot cycle." Note how I am saying that it receives comments
every ballot cycle but no where do I say that it is "the only one that received comments" every ballot
cycle.

  There are many sections that receive comments, and some of them receive comments every
ballot. The AEAD section is one of those. What we need to do is modify the text such that it does
not receive any more comments. I have text that will resolve that but when I last presented it, I
was shot down by your co-workers.

As you and George proposed the framework for security, I thought the AEAD counter was also proposed by you two. Now it seems this came from others.

  I'm not sure what George contributed but there are large sections of 11ai text that are mine, yes
that is true. While the text I contributed to the 11ai draft may have been substantial, it did not
include  the current AEAD mode. Since I did not generate the current AEAD text and I have
actively worked to replace it, I don't feel any ownership of that text.

For the specific motion you mentioned, I don't quite remember exactly. But if you check the 11ai contribution list on mentor, several others (at least four) of  my coworkers contributed actively on draft and comment resolutions. Since 11ai letter ballot, as Co-Editor, I spend almost all of my time in IEEE802.11 meeting, and even more time after each meeting on improving 11ai draft, not on proposing new concepts, or just show of hands. Of course, our Editor Lee spent much more time than me.

  Gee, that's too bad that you don't remember. If I was you I would want to forget that too.

  I'm pretty sure that the half dozen people that arrived in the 11ai session that voted down my
proposal and promptly left the room have never resolved any of our comments and I'm very
confident that their entire contribution to 11ai is nil. But if you know "several others (at least four)
of [your] coworkers [who] contributed actively on [the] draft" then you should have several others,
at least four, that you can get to resolve this comment. Ask them. I can't wait to see their proposals
on how to address this comment.

  Dan.

Best Regards,

Ping