Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAK] 1AC/11ak: where does discussion about ISS SAP go? [2]

Mark,

Just throwing in a couple more monkey wrenches.

1) As far as treating SYNRA filtering as A1, I guess my concern is where does the GCR BA scoreboard get updated?

   Its not explicitly shown in the figure.

   If below A1 filtering, then we update for frames to others, and if above, the local STA filter rules (not known to AP) will inform the unsuspecting AP the frame needs to be retried.

   I think there are problems to be worked out here.

2) We seem to be saying this MAC SAP to be named later is a different beast for GLK AP STA and GLK non-AP STA.

   I think maybe we should look to how we could normalize this to a single beast.

   Does 802.1AC need to have different sections treating the same 802.11 link different, based on an internal role?

   I’d think they would want to have general text of hookup, and not care which of the many possible roles we have.

   Then 802.11 can include all the variants it wants, and they all look like another ISS SAP.

Thanks,

David