Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] TGax Draft D0.3

Hello Robert,

Thanks for incorporating the changes. Please find a few thoughts below:

P37L44-60: Would be good to list them as items of the paragraph in L38.

Unchanged. The meaning of the statement “follows the RU index in Table 26-8 in an increasing order” and its relationship to the subsequent statements is not clear. I suspect we just need to assign new meaning to the indexes rather than try twist the description for a particular index in the table to mean something similar but different. A 242-tone RU HE trigger-based PPDU is not the same thing as a 20 MHz non-HT PPDU even if they occupy roughly the same spectrum.

[AA] I focused mostly in pointing out the difference between the motioned document (11-16/0808r2) and the incorporated text in D0.3 from a consistency perspective. But i agree with you that the relationship is not clear.

P60L63..: Some changes of document 861r1 are missing in this subclause: "more than one" -> "one or more".

No change (reference not accurate)

[AA] Sorry about that. I am referring to the changes in the last subclause 10.3.2.11.4 as "from more than one or more STAs that are part of an UL MU transmission (see(#1406) 9.42.2) and that require an immediate acknowledgement, an AP may send either multiple one or more"

P75L54: Please replace "may support" with "shall support" as instructed in 828r0. Also please classify as depending item the sentence starting with "The term oustanding..."

Changed “may” to “shall”. Not sure how to classify cited sentence.

[AA] I was thinking it could be classified as a subbullet, in a similar fashion to 11-16/828r0.

Also please replace "Basic Trigger variant Trigger frame" with "Basic variant Trigger frame" throughout.

I think this is a bad idea and will reading difficult. I think the term Trigger frame is perfectly acceptable. If we want to be more specific then Basic Trigger frame. We don’t talk about a “Compressed BlockAck variant Block Ack frame” or “Multi-STA BlockAck variant BlockAck frame” for similar reasons.

 [AA] I agree. I wanted to point out that now in the draft it is called "Basic Trigger variant Trigger frame". Was that the intention?

P84L62: Editorial addition seems to not be inline with the text of 806r0: extra "one of the following" and removal of the "either" "or" at the start of the items that follow. Since either or is not exclusive the addition of "one of the following would forbid to allow both which is not the intention of the document.

Lists are not sentences broken up by dashes. They are enumerated sets. The introductory sentence identifies how the set applies. Hence the editorial change. Now, does either/or mean “either … or… but not both”? Similarly does “one of” mean “one and only one of”. In both cases no. If we want to be explicit we can modify the introductory sentence.

[AA] Just wanted to point out an inconsistency between the motioned docuemnt and the text in D0.3 :-)

 Best Regards,

Alfred