From: ChaoChun Wang <chaochun.wang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:23 AM
To: Venkatesan, Ganesh <ganesh.venkatesan@xxxxxxxxx>; Roy Want <roywant@xxxxxxxxxx>; Segev, Jonathan <jonathan.segev@xxxxxxxxx>; Assaf Kasher <akasher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: STDS-802-11-TGAZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: The question I wanted to ask in the TGaz teleconference today (but join.me would not allow)

Ganesh,

>> Should D1.2 show what changed between D1.0 and D1.2 (which I thought was what the redline version would)?

The redline version should show the difference between 1.2 and 1.0.

>> Or should it show what is new in TGaz (relative to the baseline)

There two scenarios.

  1. If this is a new clause in 11az (ie, there is no such clause in baseline specifications; we don’t need to underline the new text.
  2. If a new text modifies a clause in baseline specifications, we will underline the new text to let REVMx editor knows how to revise existing clauses.

[[gv]] my concern was that a new paragraph that we added in Cl. 11.22.6.2 which should be fully underlined is partially underlined (I think showing differences between what was in 1.0 and 1.2). Also, at the start of Cl. 11.22.6.2 where we do show a couple of paragraphs from the baseline before the new paragraphs we intend to insert. These two paragraphs from the baseline are underlined (when they should not be).

I did not check the spec and not sure which rule should apply to your quoted paragraph. Let us know if we need to revise the 1.2.

Thanks.

Chao-Chun