[STDS-802-11-TGBB] AW: [EXTERNAL] [STDS-802-11-TGBB] doc. 11-21/1688r2 uploaded

Dear Nancy,

thanks for the brilliant analysis. To be honest, the whole channelization and operating classes are still quite confusing for me and I am too short in my time currently to work into that topic as thoroughly as needed.

There is one more risk I wanted to discuss. Given that the chip (with baseband and RF included) decides to work, say, somewhere in the 5 GHz band, at the output we need to scan the whole band and identify the most suitable downconversion frequency to reach the right IF center frequency that is used over the LC channel. That should happen in the few µs at the beginning of every packet, for all the three bands in parallel, right.

Without any logical information coming out of the chip I expect this is hardly impossible. That all would open the question again that we need access to the baseband-RF interface inside the chip where such information is of course available. If chipset vendors are not willing to open that interface, the TGbb standard could not be implemented.

I would be interested to understand the positions of the proposers on the scanning issue.

Best regards - Volker