Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] FW: Recap, for comments, on TGbc architecture

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the email of summary and questions. I have included my thoughts inline below in blue.

To align everyone’s understanding of EBCS related topics, my understanding is that 11bc is targeting a situation where there are many more potential EBCS traffic streams that are advertised by an AP, than the number of EBCS traffic streams that are actually broadcast by the AP. Therefore in order for the APs to know which EBCS streams to transmit, some degrees of control by requesting STAs need to be provided (Provided that these EBCS traffic streams are clearly advertised by the AP). Therefore, there needs to be different classes of requesting STAs (unassociated or associated and associated STAs with privileges).

Best regards,

Xiaofei Clement Wang

Principal Engineer | InterDigital

T: (631) 622.4028