[STDS-802-11-TGBD] Discussion on primitive to indicate primary channel

Hello All,

First of all, thanks to John and other TGbd members for preparing the IEEE 1609 view on the related primitives and following discussion.

I'm preparing for the comment resolution on 20 MHz channel access, and I have one comment to define the primitive to indicate the OCB primary channel. The comment requests to define the TBD in the following sentence:

-The OCB primary channel which is designated by the upper layer in <TBD> primitives

In TGbd, we have agreed on the concept of the primary channel and the secondary channel. In addition, we had a passed motion that the primary channel is decided by the upper layer.

I'm trying to find the best place to indicate the primary channel from the upper layer, and I think the best place to put the indication is the radio environment request vector, since it contains parameters such as PPDU format, data rate, number of repetition, etc that higher layer entities utilize to control the NGV transmission. I think putting OCB primary channel indication in the radio environment request vector aligns with the 1609's view.

However, I have a comment that the primary channel should be defined in generic management primitives rather than the data primitives, as the data frames will be transmitted successively.

I want to get a consensus to define the primitives that indicate the primary channel. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Hanseul Hong