[STDS-802-11-TGBE] [PHY] Segment parsing/tone mapper/interleaver for Multi-RU, 11-20/0394, 11-20/0440r1

Hello PHY fans,

This is an email to discuss Segment parsing/tone mapper/interleaver for Multi-RU, 11-20/0394, 11-20/0440r1. During 3/26 PHY ad hoc conference call, I requested some simulations comparison between joint interleaver vs separated interleaver for large MRU within 80MHz.

There is a big chance to run the SPs on Monday PHY ad hoc meeting, and the topics are quite important, so I want to discuss it before running the SP through e-mail reflector.

If you are not interested in this topic, sorry for this email.

Hello Bin and Jianhan

Thanks for your presentations about Doc ID: 20/0394r0, 20/0440r1. The topics are quite important. Could you kindly provide your mentioned simulation results comparison between the joint interleaver and separate interleaver with proportional parser for RU242+RU484, please?

As Bin mentioned in his slides deck, ”Diversity benefit from joint interleaving over 80MHz segment is minor, especially with more antennas
“. Could we extend it to joint interleaving over 20MHz? If they have similar performance, why do we introduce new hardware implementation- new LDPC tone mapper?

Regarding the segment parser, agree that it is exactly for 80 MHz in 11ac/ax. However, the parser proposed in 20/0394r0, 20/0440r1, it is not exactly segment parser, actually it is RU parser, for example parser for RU484+RU996. Moreover, the number of branches of the parser is no longer 2.

Given that the basic unit of preamble puncture is 20MHz, it is straightforward to use 20Mhz as unit for RU parser in 11be like boundary discussion for MRU modes.

Now RU242+RU484 is only one case within 80MHz, but later if we have more MUR modes within 80 MHz, do we need to consider its extension? RU parser is better than joint interleaver for extension at this point.

If without new joint interleaver, we can reuse the current 11ax mechanism, and the RU parser for the case of RU242+RU484+RU996 can be solved by 1s:2s:4s as per Jianhan’s proportional round robin parsing method.

Looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks and Best regards,

Dandan