[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20-0066-03-00be-multi-link-tim

Hi Young Hoon,

Thanks for sharing the presentation 0066. Since we didn’t have time to fully discussion, I use this e-mail thread to continue the discussion. I have two questions, would you please clarify, thanks.

1)       In side 3, you mentioned “The AP MLD needs to indicate which link the AP MLD has buffered BU to transmit, especially when different TIDs are mapped to different links”. In MLD, when the BU of one TID is mapping to multiple links, how AP decide which links to indicated in LMB? When the STA MLD receive the signaling, it still doesn’t know what TID the BU belongs to, so how the STA MLD decide to wake up on which links? I think may be a better way is to indicate the TID, so the STA MLD can clearly know it should wakeup on which links (base on the Traffic requirement, battery level, and other internal conditions). Because power save is an issue for at STA MLD side, not at AP MLD side, so it may be better to STA MLD to do the decision. During the teleconference, many people asked the similar questions in the chat window.

2)       In your design, each legacy STA  also needs to use 3 bit in LMB subfield. So in a scenario that only a small percent of STAs are EHT MLD, AP needs to still need to allocate 3 bits for each legacy STA in LMB subfield. It will be a large overhead. It has similar issue for STA MLD that only mapping on one or two links.

Regards,

Yunbo