Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] PDT MAC MLO Power-save procedures

Hi Rojan, Laurent, Yonggang,

Thank you for reviewing the contribution and provide your suggestions.

I’ve provided a response to some of your comments here:

  1. I have fixed the inconsistency in the bit size for MLD Idle Option subfield
  2. I have keep the description for MLD max idle period mgmt. (in clause 33.x.y.3 & 9.4.2.x) similar to one in 11.22.13 & 9.4.2.78.
    1. Yonggang/Rojan: The discussion on protected frames is same as Protected Keep-Alive Required in 9.4.2.78. Here it applies to MLD level
    2. Rojan: Clause 11.22.13 does bring up the possibility of dot11BssMaxIdlePeriod being 0: “If dot11BssMaxIdlePeriod (#4684)is nonzero …
  3. Laurent: why do you want to tie the MLD max idle period to any particular AP/link? In my view, it should be an MLD-level parameter and can be kept independent of per-link (legacy) max idle period.
    1. One of your options is to require that all APs of the MLD have the same BSS Max Idle Period – this option takes away the flexibility from each AP.
    2. The other option – take the max of BSS Max Idle Period would create a scenario where non-AP MLDs could end-up with different MLD Max Idle Period values – depending on which links are part of their ML setup.

                                                              i.      For example, say non-AP MLD 1 performed ML setup for link 1 and link 2; and non-AP MLD 2 performed ML setup for link 2 and 3. Each link has different BSS max idle period value. Now the two non-AP MLDs end-up with different MLD Max Idle periods.

I will prepare an r1 based on the rest of the comments.

Regards,

Abhi