Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 21/055 - PDT for WNM Sleep Interval

Hi Rojan,
KDE format also needs to carry GTK, IGTK, and BIGTK of other APs.
On that purpose, in D0.3, we already defined the MLO GTK, MLO IGTK, and MLO BIGTK subelements, instead of creating a new variant of the ML element. This way is the same approach done in the Multi-band GTK KDE.
In addition to the WNM Sleep Mode Response, Fast BSS Transition IE needs to carry GTK, IGTK, and BIGTK of other APs. My preference is that all three just use a single consistent way. In that sense, it is straightforward to follow the same way done in KDE. Otherwise, too many variants of the ML element are needed for this simple usage scenarios. You know, FILS has not been discussed yet, if it is supported in MLO, Key Delivery element is also need to be updated...

Regards,
Yongho

2021년 1월 25일 (월) 오후 6:16, Rojan Chitrakar <rojan.chitrakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>님이 작성:

Hi Abhi,

I am supportive of your use of the ML element, I think it is more organized and provides a unified method of signaling ML parameters.

Regarding the below, I see that the baseline covers two cases: current GTK and pending GTK, I believe we should also capture the two cases for the other APs. Now for pending GTKs, not all APs’ GTKs may need to be updated at the same time, so we cannot assume that the ML element carries GTKs of all APs, as such the inclusion should be a “may”.

11.2.3.16.3 WNM sleep mode AP operation

An AP of an AP MLD may include the WNM Sleep Response variant of Multi-Link element in the WNM Sleep Mode Response frame to provide the GTK/IGTK/BIGTK information for link(s), that are part of the multi-link setup, other than the one where the frame was transmitted.

Best regards,

Rojan Chitrakar