From: Edward Au [mailto:edward.ks.au@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 11:02 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 7 open CIDs without PoC/volunteer

Hi all,

The following 7 CIDs are still open without POC/volunteer.

Regards,
Edward

, , , , , ,

CID

Page

Clause

Comment

Proposed Change

2075

87.01

11

There are many feature/capabilities that are specified for an 802.11 non-AP STA that are essential for that STA to be able to operate in an ESS. Most if not all of these features/capabilities will need to be modified to include the non-AP MLD and AP MLD to allow these new entities to operate in an ESS. (e.g. most of the sub-clauses in clause 11). The current draft only attempts to address sub-clauses 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.13, 11.21, and 11.24. I do not believe the current approach of dealing with MLDs such that they are a combination of multiple STAs causes significant issues with these sub-clauses. In my opinion it would be much simpler to define an MLD as a STA and then most of these subclauses would be fine as they are now written. This also applies to clause 12.

Either redefine an MLD to be a STA or address all sub-clauses in clauses 11 and 12 critical to ESS operation so that MLO can be fully supported. The commentors preference is for redefining an MLD to be a STA.

2085

0.00

This draft has many network, architecture, and security issues due to the introduction of MLO and the way it is being specified. 802.11 should try to align as best it can with 802 network architecture and concept. This current draft does not seem to even attempt to do so and in the process may break the base standard's ability to provide logical links in an 802 network.

2113

0.00

Need clarification to allow 20M only STA to associate and communicate in each of the operational bands, either independently or jointly.

2239

50.01

7

If my comment suggesting to simplify the concept of MLD to be a type/operational mode of STA/AP is not persued, then clause 7 will need updates to support the concept added in 4.5.3 that the DS is aware of "non-AP MLD to AP MLD" mappings. Also, clause 5 will need updates to explain how the DSAF function is accomplished in an AP MLD, and this likely ripples into the clause 4 discussion of the services (and entities that provide/use the services).

Either move in the direction that non-AP/AP MLD are just examples of non-AP STA/AP (respectively) per my other comment, or update clause 7 to add the concept of a non-AP MLD to MLD mapping in the DS, and the SAP support for managing this mapping. This includes explaining how the DSAF is archtecturally connected to the AP MLD structures in clause 7 and 5.1.5.3, and how the new structure maps to/provides the services in 4.5 (and probably other clause 4 subclauses).

2241

0.00

Make the technical changes suggested in 21/0218; these are the ones in comments that do not start "[E]". "PC:" indicates the proposed change (if not present, this means "as in comment"). "[CFOI]" means to check for other instances of the issue in other locations.

As in comment

3410

0.00

MLD introduces a new concept for 802.11 architecture. It needs to add a new clause to describe MLD architecture.

as suggested in comment.

3417

0.00

MLD introduces a new concept for 802.11 architecture. It needs to add a new clause to describe MLD reference model.

as suggested in comment.