[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussions on CID 1279: about terminology of 80MHz frequency segment"

Dear Yan and All,

The CID 1279 suggests replacing the "frequency segments" with "frequency subblocks". I think "frequency segment" is in fact the most appropriate word in 11be and, to be frank,   changing 11ax to frequency sunblock is in fact causing more confusion. I had at least five arguments listed in the following why we should not use "subblock":

1. "Subblock" is part of a main block, using "Subblock" without a clear reference to a main block is really misleading. Also, a "block" in a spec in general refers to a functional block, such block diagram, etc.
2. "Segment Parser" is used for a long time and still in 11n/ac/ax/be. Changing segment parser to Subblock parser caused unnecessary confusions to implementation guys.
3. in 11be, there is no 80+80 or 80+160 non-contiguous, so using frequency segments will not cause any confusion. Most technical contributions and discussions using frequency segments and there seems no confusion at all.
4. "Definition of subblock:  a block that is a subdivision of a larger block: such as. a : a functional subdivision of a building or part of a building. b : a subdivision of a quantity, number, or section of things dealt with as a unit a sub-block of data."  We can see that subblock is either a functional subdivision or for data, so using it for frequency and parser is not appropriate.
5. Descriptions like "20, 40 and 80 MHz EHT PPDUs have one 20, 40 and 80 MHz frequency subblock, respectively" looks absurd. A is A, A is not a sub of A.

Hopefully we can use the right word "segment" instead of using the inappropriate word "subblock" just because some guy proposed using "subblock" in 11me without fully considering technical details.

Thanks and Regards,
Jianhan