[STDS-802-11-TGBE] PSR discussion

Hi Steve, Ross, Xiaogang and Zhou,

Thank you so much for providing your comments on 11-21/601r4 presentation in the last week’s joint meeting.

Here are my thoughts regarding your comments:

  1. 20MHz solution (compute the power limit on each 20MHz) raised by Steve could be one solution. However, I have some concerns:
    1. As Rui mentioned in the meeting, the received power on the punctured subchannel(s) within PSRR PPDU may come from the signals transmitted from other neighbor AP(s). Then the calculated upper bound on the punctured subchannel(s) could be either low or high. High received value on the punctured subchannel(s) will lead to unnecessarily lower transmit power over whole PSRT PPDU, especially when the number of punctured channels is large.
    2. As Ross mentioned in the meeting, I am not sure how to use the 20MHz solution in the case where the PSRT PPDU BW is larger than PSRR PPDU, as shown an example figure below

  1. Regarding Zhou’s comment (necessity to make the upper bound accurate), it is true that there is no need to dictate the accurate PSR transmit. However, we believe that the 802.11 spec should not provide an incorrect guideline which may lead to interference problem during the PSR. So, our intention is to provide an appropriate upper bound on PSRT PPDU Tx power, as the original spec text intends to do, not an accurate transmit power.

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

Zinan