From: Sahoo, Anirudha (Fed) <00001823ca88828f-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 3:48 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBF] clarification on TF sounding

Hi all,

  In the D0.01 draft, in 11.21.18.6.3 TF sounding phase it says:

“The Sensing Sounding Trigger frame shall allocate uplink resources for one or more STA’s R2I NDP transmission covering the full bandwidth.”

  1. So, these uplink resources are RUs, right?

No. Here the UL resources are basically spatial streams. The sentence clearly says all STAs’ R2I NDP transmission will be “covering the full bandwidth”. We do NOT have OFDMA NDP defined so multiplexing in frequency is not feasible here.

  1. If yes:  if there are multiple STAs involved, then each RU allocated to a STA will be less than the full bandwidth. Then, does the above mean that “all RUs together will add up to full bandwidth”?

No to question 1, so question 2 here is not applicable.

  1. If R2I NDPs are sent in RUs, and there are quite a few STAs acting as sensing transmitter, then the RUs may have very few subcarriers and the CSI information on those few subcarriers may not be good enough for the application. Is this a problem? Or maybe the AP will not involve so many STAs in the TB polling phase (will do it in multiple TB polling phases)?

No to question 1. If the AP does not have enough number of spatial streams to multiplex all STAs in one shot, it can always Trigger some STAs in the first shot and then send another Trigger frame for the second shot.

thanks and regards

-Anirud

Anirudha (Anirud)  Sahoo (He/Him)

https://sites.google.com/view/a-sahoo