[STDS-802-11-TGBI] : Do you think that the change of OTA parameters values shall occur at the same time on each link of a given MLD non-AP STA ?

Hi everybody,

During the last TGbi teleconference, one question was raised and some members expressed the need to discuss this question on the reflector, so here is the starting point of this thread.

The question is : “Do you think that the change of OTA parameters values (like MAC address, AID, SN, PN, etc.) shall occur at the same time on each link of a given MLD non-AP STA ?”

The plan is to be able to run this SP or a similar one during next TGbi session on April 17th, and to collect opinion on this subject in the meantime.

My personal opinion is that, yes, we need to do this to avoid easy correlation between old and new OTA values if some old and new OTA values are used for the same parameter on different links (for instance, MLD level parameters like the AID).

The discussion is now open.

Best regards.

Stéphane.