[STDS-802-11-TGBN] 23/2186r1  MAP coordination for DFS channel

Hi All,

I present 23/2186r1  MAP coordination for DFS channel(Coordination Check Available Check, Co-CAC ) during plenary session in Jan. And received kinds of comments, and see the following further clarification.

1.the DFS function certification concern

As I know, the DFS function certification is on each individual AP, so each AP still has the DFS function, and the proposed coordination Co-CAC mechanism allow each AP to trigger it's neighbor AP to perform the CAC on the target channel rather than do it by itself, in the case that the current AP has some low latency traffic or high TP , etc.

2. Environmental difference between current AP and the target AP

 ETSI and FCC regulation rule only define the behavior between master device and client device irrespective of their distance. E.g. If the master device don't detect radar signaling on a certain DFS channel, and then the client device can operate on it(Based on FCC rule, the client device should get some control signaling from master device before that). The logic is very simple.  I don't see anything violation based on current ETSI , FCC regulatory rule( Sorry, I don't check other regulatory rule, suppose other area has the similar regulatory rule)

3. Co-CAC is already defined by Wi-Fi Alliance.

Agree with the commenter , the Co-CAC is NOT a new technology, but the current Co-CAC is only applied in a certain deployment environment, we would like to see whether the Co-CAC can be defined by TGbn , so that it can be deployed in a more general environment to address a kind of performance and cost concern.

Welcome the further comments and questions.

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang (杨志杰)