Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBN] 24/719 MAP Set operation

Hi Jay,

Thanks for sharing your presentation.

You wrote: “ Take C-TDMA as example, If an AP(assume AP21 on Rounter1) obtains the TXOP  and becomes the TXOP owner, it can grant the portion of TXOP to any APs (AP11, AP12,etc.) on Router2 via a Trigger frame, and the corresponding AP will schedule the DL/UL traffic for in-BSS traffic delivery. If we intend to have a agreement between the pair of AP before MAP co-ordination TX, then, in this case, AP21 should set up the agreement with all the APs  on Rounter2.

You argue that “If we intend to have a agreement between the pair of AP before MAP co-ordination TX, then, in this case, AP21 should set up the agreement with all the APs  on Rounter2 “ and I think this is not correct: Any AP may have an agreement with any AP that it wants as long as the other/solicited AP is not on the same Co-hosted set or MBSSID set (where the 2 APs can’t share the same TXOP in all TXOP-based coordination schemes). Therefore, following your example, AP21 (Router 1) may set a M-AP agreement with one or more APs on Router 2 (or even with none of them at its own discretion) and it does not have to set an agreement with each of the APs in Router 2.
I agree that AP21 will share its TXOP only with one or more of those APs that he has set a M-AP agreement with (Note: I do think that in TXOP-based coordination schemes, such as C-TDMA, C-SR etc. the TXOP holder keeps its TXOP and does not grant it to any other AP, but rather share this TXOP with one or more APs it has set a M-AP agreement with, but we can further discuss it later).

Therefore, I do not see any “overhead problem” (as stated in the presentation) with Co-hosted set/ MBSSID set compared to a use case that does not involve Co-hosted set or MBSSID set, in the context of setting M-AP agreement between one or more APs.

Regards,

Arik