Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] Oh, *that* energy detect?!

Hello Mark,

OK, thanks, so bonus question, arguably not in scope of this group, but anyway...

If CCA-ED is only for the 3 GHz band in the USA (a.k.a. 11y), why does
11ac/D4.0 have something about it (22.3.19.5.2 CCA sensitivity for operating
classes requiring CCA-ED)?

Actually one extra point of clarification:

> [CS/CCA and CCA-ED discussion] all this just
> feeds into the overall CS mechanism, by combining with NAV, TX status and PHY-CCA

I thought PHY-CCA (7.3.5.11) was the output of the thing which combines
CS/CCA and (where appropriate) CCA-ED?  Are you saying there is a different
PHY-CCA which is completely separate from CS/CCA and CCA-ED?

Mark

P.S.:

> I'd say yes to all the above, except I think you meant the _fifth_ being
> "the behavio(u)r ..."

Yup, sorry!

--
Mark RISON, Systems Architect, Wi-Fi    English/Esperanto/Français
Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600