Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] Do STAs inherit or aggregate PHYs?

Hello Mark,

> As for 20.3.21.5, it does seem some clarification could be helpful.  But, I assume the intention is
> that if you do get enough decode to tell the type of PPDU, you apply that rule set, if you can't
> accomplish that, then you fall back to the more general cases,

Sounds reasonable, but:

> ultimately using only the "any signal"
> as the least common denominator if all else fails.

Which "any signal" rules are you referring to?  Do you mean the 11a/11g
ones referred to from 20.3.21.5.1, namely -62 dBm for 5G (assuming
20 MHz channel spacing, and assuming CCA-ED is not required) and
-76 dBm for 2G4?

Mark

--
Mark RISON, Systems Architect, Wi-Fi    English/Esperanto/Français
Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600