[STDS-802-11-TGM] Resolution of comment 2189 - moving 802.11-specific definitions and modifying definitions to make them non-802.11-specific

Dear TGm members,

This is a gentle reminder about comment 2189.   We’re reviewed this a couple of times in TGm (doc 11-13/1314 r15).

The first time was in November,  and we made a bunch of changes.   I revised the resolution,

which was reviewed in January,  also with a number of changes.

The minutes of the January meeting show:

1.1.1          CID 2189

1.1.1.1    Review comment

1.1.1.2    We went through these definitions before, but Adrian found more changes that need to be evaluated

1.1.1.3    Review definition again

1.1.1.4    Discussion on BSS and how it could be defined generically, or is it too specific to 802.11

1.1.1.5    Fundamental items to 802.11 may be targets for Clause 3.2.

1.1.1.6    Do we want to have a large number of items in 3.1 or in 3.2?

1.1.1.7    We are not able to come to an agreement on the criteria for what should go in 3.1 or 3.2...

1.1.1.8    Proposal to reject the comment was discussed.

1.1.1.9    Objection to just rejecting all of it just because of one definition being controversial

1.1.1.10  Determine to continue to review proposed change, but rather than change definitions, it is just does it belong in 3.1 or 3.2.

1.1.1.11 Proposed Resolution: Revised Incorporate the changes in 11-13/1314r14

1.1.1.12 No objection, but people were asked to do homework to review the definitions that we had not reviewed during this mtg slot.

If you have an interest in the resolution of this comment,  could you please review the proposed changes

and reply to this email with any changes you want to see made.

I hope to bring this to motion in TGmc without reviewing the entire 18-page resolution all over again :0).

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +44 (7920) 084 900 (mobile,  UK)