Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] CID 3386 resolution

Hello Peter,

> The comment:

> There is a zoo of terminology: "operating [band]width", "channel [band]width", "operating channel width", "BSS operating width" (and probably other more esoteric forms)

> […]

> For a start:    “BSS operating width” only appears in 10.16.12 and means “BSS operating channel width” (see 10.40.1), as does the S.5.1 “operating width”

QED.  (There are other "BSS blah width"s, e.g. "BSS channel width".)

> Absent your effort to be more specific about stated and implied use of xxx”width” throughout the standard,

> I propose to resolve CID 3386 with

> REJECTED - The comment fails to identify a specific issue to be addressed. It fails to identify changes in sufficient detail so that the specific wording of the changes that will satisfy the commenter can be determined.

Since the comment identifies a specific issue to be addressed, and

I propose to identify changes in sufficient detail so that the

specific wording of the changes that will satisfy the commenter

can be determined, I think this resolution is suboptimal.

Regards,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk

   The commenter should have “worked out all the things that need to be changed” before writing

The comment:

There is a zoo of terminology: "operating [band]width", "channel [band]width", "operating channel width", "BSS operating width" (and probably other more esoteric forms)

Proposed resolution: Pick one term and humanely kill all the others

For a start:    “BSS operating width” only appears in 10.16.12 and means “BSS operating channel width” (see 10.40.1), as does the S.5.1 “operating width”

Absent your effort to be more specific about stated and implied use of xxx”width” throughout the standard,

I propose to resolve CID 3386 with

REJECTED - The comment fails to identify a specific issue to be addressed. It fails to identify changes in sufficient detail so that the specific wording of the changes that will satisfy the commenter can be determined.

Best Regards,

petere