Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11mc CID 3124

Dear Dorothy,

I do not know how it happened but I wish to make it known that although I agreed that CID 3124 should be rejected I object to the reason given and furthermore to the lack of discussion (if there was any) on the reason.  The reasoning for the reject is wrong and misleading.  This is a high visibility subject (it must be because I always am presenting to a large audience), so it is important to get the words right.

The Resolution is

"REJECTED (GEN: 2015-01-14) The commenter’s proposed solution in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-1518-05-000m-ed-cca-clause-16-and-17-text.docx disadvantages new 11b devices in accessing the channel compared to existing 11b devices"

I do not know who wrote this but it should have been passed by me first.

The proposals in 14/1518r5 simply do not disadvantage new 11b devices in accessing the channel compared to existing 11b devices and these words could be used adversely in future discussions.  When I presented and discussed this proposal it had good consensus but new information arose in that many actually wanted to go further than what I had proposed and in alignment with the Straw Poll I agreed to wait for Sponsor Ballot.  I was under the impression that I would be involved in drafting the rejection text - this did not happen despite me being present during both PM sessions Thursday.  A simpler reason could have made rather than one which is controversial and wrong.

As the rejection was motioned and passed under the "Gen ATL-C tab" guise I know it is too late to change the text and I won't stall the progress but I do wish to make it known that I am not happy.

Thank you

Graham

Note: This message is directed to and is for the use of the above-noted addressee only, and its contents may be legally privileged or confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, dissemination, or copy of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender.  This message is not intended to be an electronic signature nor to constitute an agreement of any kind under applicable law unless otherwise expressly indicated hereon.