[STDS-802-11-TGM] REVmc SB1 comments

Dear TGmc participants,

The comments from the sponsor first recirc ballot (which I’m calling SB1) may be found here:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/15/11-15-0532-31-000m-revmc-sponsor-ballot-comments.xls

I have allocated comments to an initial ad-hoc and comment group, and marked “submission required” where the resolution does not contain

sufficient detail to resolve the comment,  as shown here:

Owning Ad-hoc

Unassigned

Submission Required

Resolution Drafted

Grand Total

EDITOR

441

2

1

444

Annex R

3

3

Architecture

1

1

Editing defect from SB0

1

1

Editorials

311

311

Frame Exchange Sequences

1

1

Frame Formats

80

1

81

Inadequate comment

1

1

MAC Management

6

6

MAC Operation

15

15

MAC SAP

12

12

Other PHY

5

5

PICS

1

1

Security

2

2

Terminology

1

1

2

VHT PHY

2

2

GEN

78

60

138

Architecture

1

1

2

Carrier Sense

4

4

Definitions

5

6

11

DMG PHY

8

8

Frame Exchange Sequences

2

2

MAC Operation

5

4

9

MAC SAP

1

1

Math

1

1

Mesh

5

5

MIB

7

13

20

Other PHY

14

9

23

PHY SAP

1

1

2

PICS

1

1

Security

26

5

31

Terminology

1

3

4

VHT PHY

9

4

13

(blank)

1

1

MAC

133

113

246

Annex R

3

4

7

Architecture

6

7

13

Frame Formats

45

44

89

Location

2

2

MAC Management

24

22

46

MAC Operation

41

26

67

MAC SAP

9

7

16

PHY SAP

3

1

4

Terminology

1

1

(blank)

1

1

Grand Total

652

175

1

828

Comments by commenter are:

N Total

Y Total

Grand Total

Owning Ad-hoc

RISON, Mark

286

3

339

628

628

Stephens, Adrian

2

1

3

5

89

26

120

123

Hamilton, Mark

1

1

7

15

22

23

Smith, Graham

1

12

13

13

Fischer, Michael

3

2

1

6

6

TorabJahromi, Payam

1

1

5

5

6

Trainin, Solomon

5

5

5

Wang, Lei

4

4

4

Bims, Harry

3

3

3

McCann, Stephen

3

3

3

Malinen, Jouni

1

1

1

1

2

Cordeiro, Carlos

2

2

2

Kasher, Assaf

2

2

2

Wentink, Menzo

1

1

1

Lepp, James

1

1

1

Ecclesine, Peter

1

1

1

Iordanescu, Sergiu

1

1

1

Hiertz, Guido

1

1

1

Seok, Yongho

1

1

1

Bajko, Gabor

1

1

1

Adachi, Tomoko

1

1

1

Grand Total

12

4

9

25

299

92

412

803

828

I have classified comments marked “type of comment” <> “E” as follows:

Classification

EDITOR

GEN

MAC

Grand Total

New feature

5

2

7

Enhance or change existing feature

12

28

40

Clarity/consistency (Large scope)

2

26

21

49

Clarity/consistency (Med scope)

28

94

122

Clarity/consistency (Small scope)

1

33

62

96

Editorial

128

128

Bugfix

3

32

31

66

(blank)

310

1

8

319

Bugfix (Hard)

1

1

Grand Total

444

138

246

828

The unclassified “(blank)” comments are the “type of comment” = “E” ones,  which I didn’t bother to classify (yet).

The “Ad-hoc Status” = “Submission Required” correlates with my classification as follows:

Count of CID

Ad-hoc Status

Description

Submission Required