Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] A REVmc SB1 comment resolution file uploaded

Hello Dorothy,

My document includes all the non-Editorial “Discuss”.

I highlighted certain comments not in the Editorial group for discussion before writing my submission.

I should imagine we will review the submission in committee,  so these will naturally come up for discussion.

The Editorial Discuss/Review are:

comments

CID

Page

Clause

Resn Status

Comment

Proposed Change

Resolution

Owning Ad-hoc

Ad-hoc Status

Ad-hoc Notes

Motion #

7116

618.11

9.3.2.1

References to 9.3.5 have mysteriously turned into "The active path selection protocol may define additional parameters in theforwarding information. Details on the additional parameters of the forwarding information constructed bythe hybrid wireless mesh protocol (HWMP) are described in 14.10.8.4 (Forwarding information)."

Search for "references" of this form and replace with 9.3.5.

ACCEPTED (EDITOR: 2016-01-29 16:18:08Z)

EDITOR

Review

EDITOR: 2016-01-29 16:17:52Z - The proposed resolution restores the status quo in D4.0. But note that in 14.11.3.1 (2179.27), we have the non-sensical "Forwarding of MSDUs from the DS into the MBSS by a proxy mesh gate follows the procedures given in 9.3.5 (Frame addressing in an MBSS(#6754))".

Clause 9 doesn't define procedures. I'm not sure which procedures were intended. Perhaps 10.35.2 or somewhere near.

7238

339.16

6.3.58.1

The FTM frame is not transferred instantaneously

Make the FTM frame arrow slope down

REVISED (EDITOR: 2016-01-29 15:28:53Z) - Make Fine Timing Measurement frame arrow slope down to match slope of Ack frame. Change arrowhead style of the timing markers to distinguish from messages.

EDITOR

Review

EDITOR: 2016-01-29 15:29:54Z - The proposed change does what the comment asked for. Note that strictly the original and the proposed change are technically incorrect. The arrow should slope only between the Antenna lines. The portion between MLME and Antenna should be flat. Does anybody care about such detail?

7384

1719.55

11.14

This last para belongs to the subclauses in subclause 11.3 on receipt of Deauthentication/Disassociation frames

Move the material to subclause 11.3

EDITOR

Discuss

EDITOR: 2016-02-02 12:19:44Z - In the past we've spent a lot of time writing and rewriting 11.3. The disadvantage of moving into 11.3 is that this probably gets duplicated. Discussion needed.

EDITOR_Q: 2016-02-02 02:46:53Z - a group discussion is needed.

7605

1063.50

9.4.2.167

It was deemed in D4.0 comment resolution that "FTM Format and Bandwidth" needed the "FTM" because it was otherwise too general (CID 6243). The same is true of "Status Indication" and "Value"

Rename these subfields to "FTM Status Indication" and "FTM Value" respectively

EDITOR

Discuss

EDITOR: 2016-02-02 12:05:27Z - I see no reason to change this. But we should have a group discussion.

Possible rejections are:
"Rejected. The names of these field accurately relate to their contents are specific to the Fine Timing Measurement Parameters element."

"Rejected. The comment is out of scope: i.e., it is not on changed text, text affected by changed text or text that is the target of an existing valid unsatisfied comment."

EDITOR_Q: 2016-02-01 22:23:16Z - A group discussion is needed.

7686

1056.13

9.4.2.159

It says "The maximum value of theTXVECTOR parameter MCSof a PPDU"

Change to "This parameter"

ACCEPTED (EDITOR_Q: 2016-02-01 22:18:51Z)

EDITOR

Review

EDITOR: 2016-02-05 11:11:37Z - Changed to "Frame Formats" and request review.

The non-Editorial ones owned by EDITOR are:

comments

CID

Page

Clause

Resn Status

Comment

Proposed Change

Resolution

Owning Ad-hoc

Ad-hoc Status

Ad-hoc Notes

Motion #

7144

1552.16

10.41.3.1

This page contains 2 instances of "can" that are unclear, one on line 16, the other on line 35.

Replace instance of "can" on line 16 with "may". Either do the same for the instance on line 35 or change "can use the SP allocation" to "can use the resulting SP allocation"

REVISED (EDITOR_Q: 2016-02-02 01:49:23Z)- change to "may" for both instances.

EDITOR

Review

EDITOR: 2016-02-05 13:40:08Z - Set to MAC Operation / Review as we are introducing normative verbs.

7230

Change dot11*ProbeDelay* to dot11*NAVSync* (see CID 6568)

As it says in the comment

EDITOR

Discuss

EDITOR: 2016-01-29 12:04:15Z - The change is small enough. But I'd like to determine group consensus before making the change.

7265

837.35

9.4.2.26

These two paras seem a bit wacky

Change the two paras to just "The Organization Identifier field identifies (see 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field)) the entity that has defined the content of the particular Vendor Specific element." In the figure, change "j" to "3 or 5", change "n-j" to "variable" and delete "(see 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field))"

REVISED (EDITOR: 2016-02-05 10:49:47Z) - Change the two paras to just "The Organization Identifier field identifies (see 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field)) the entity that has defined the content of the particular Vendor Specific element. See 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field) for the definition of j." In the figure, change "n-j" to "variable" and delete "(see 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field))"

EDITOR

Review

EDITOR: 2016-02-05 10:52:01Z - The proposed change embeded the choice of 3 or 5 octets here. I believe the intent of 9.4.1.32 was to encompass any future longer OIs created by the RAC, which the change as shown in the resolution supports.

7266

1102.01

9.4.6.5

These two/three paras seem a bit wacky

Change the two/three paras to just "The Organization Identifier field identifies (see 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field)) the entity that has defined the content of the particular Vendor Specific RLQP-element." In the figure, change "j" to "3 or 5" and change "n-j" to "variable"

REVISED (EDITOR: 2016-02-05 11:19:43Z) - Change the two/three paras to just "The Organization Identifier field identifies (see 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field)) the entity that has defined the content of the particular Vendor Specific RLQP-element. See 9.4.1.32 (Organization Identifier field) for the definition of j." In the figure change "n-j" to "variable"

EDITOR

Review

EDITOR: 2016-02-05 11:17:49Z - See CID 7265. Same comment applies here.

7268

It says "-SAP"

Change the hyphens to spaces (about 46 instances). If you really insist, you can keep them for labels in figures (but decide whether they should be hyphens or underscores), I suppose, but I just don't see the point even of that

EDITOR

Discuss

EDITOR: 2016-01-29 12:20:42Z - We previously rejected a comment to change "_SAP" to " SAP", and the same comment reappeared in this ballot. I dutifully copied the former reject for that comment. But we have not seen this specific comment before.
Looking for group input. Is there any harm or benefit in having "*-SAP" vs "* SAP"?

7392

There are a handful of "TDLS Peer Key"s

Change all of them to "TDLS PeerKey"

EDITOR

Discuss

Changed to "Terminology" comment group.
There is no such term as "TDLS PeerKey".

7685

1055.12

9.4.2.159

It says "The maximum value of theRXVECTOR parameter MCSof a PPDU"

Change to "This parameter"

ACCEPTED (EDITOR_Q: 2016-02-01 22:18:01Z)

EDITOR

Review

EDITOR: 2016-02-05 11:11:37Z - Changed to "Frame Formats" and request review. See also CID 7686.

7744

8.42

3.1

Why are "Authentication Server" and "Authenticator" capitalised?

Lowercaseify

EDITOR

Discuss

EDITOR: 2016-01-29 13:51:32Z - Likewise is "Supplicate" (noted in another Ad-hoc note). Needs group discussion as we have to determine whether these are proper names from another context (therefore capitalized) or merely REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF we invented ourselves.

7804

"FST" is an action (fast session transfer), so what's an "FST session"?

Change all instances of "FST session" to "FST-capable association"

EDITOR

Discuss

EDITOR: 2016-01-29 11:44:54Z - The proposed change is clear enough. There are 64 instances, including those in compound nouns such as "FST session setup protocol" and "FST session setup". The question is whether the group wants to make the change.

I'd be tempted to say "no" with the rationale:
'Rejected. The "FST session" is a session that permits/supports/enables the action of "fast session transfer". The name is appropriate.'

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +1 (971) 330 6025 (mobile)