[STDS-802-11-TGM] Editorial docs for motion in TGmc

Dear TGmc participants,

I have uploaded r3 of doc 230:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/16/11-16-0230-03-000m-sb1-stephens-resolutions-part-1.doc

This has been updated since last reviewed.  CID 7268 was previously shown purple “more work”.

I have inserted the resolution that was discussed and agreed verbally.  Likewise for CID 7229,  which

is not in Doc 230.

CID

Page

Clause

Resn Status

Comment

Proposed Change

Resolution

Owning Ad-hoc

7268

It says "-SAP"

Change the hyphens to spaces (about 46 instances). If you really insist, you can keep them for labels in figures (but decide whether they should be hyphens or underscores), I suppose, but I just don't see the point even of that

REVISED (EDITOR: 2016-02-25 09:44:55Z) - Globally change “-SAP” to “ SAP”.
Globally change “_SAP” to “ SAP”.

EDITOR

7229

It says "_SAP"

Change the underscores to spaces (about 30 instances). If you really insist, you can keep them for labels in figures (but decide whether they should be hyphens or underscores), I suppose, but I just don't see the point even of that

REVISED (EDITOR: 2016-02-25 09:44:55Z) - Globally change “-SAP” to “ SAP”.
Globally change “_SAP” to “ SAP”.

EDITOR

I have uploaded an updated https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/15/11-15-0532-35-000m-revmc-sponsor-ballot-comments.xls

These are the tabs in the spreadsheet:

Tab Name

Number of comments

Comments

5134

EDITOR

411

GEN

163

MAC

254

ED Motion - doc 230

106

ED Motion - Editorials

209

ED Motion - Editorials rework

8

ED Motion - Trivial Technical

20

Editorials

21

Editorials objected to

1

Editorials rejected

20

Frame Formats

4

Inadequate comment

1

MAC Operation

2

MAC SAP

10

PHY SAP

1

Terminology

8

Owning Ad-hoc

Unassigned

Assigned

Submission Required

Resolution Drafted

Ready for Motion

Grand Total

EDITOR

15

25

340

31

411

ED Motion - doc 230

96

10

106

ED Motion - Editorials

208

1

[...]

The ED Motion - doc 230 tab contains all the comments that have been reviewed in document 230 with two exceptions:

1.       CID 7268 has been updated as shown above

2.       CID 7744 was discussed in TGmc and a resolution agreed on 22nd Feb.  This CID is in the ED Motion - Trivial Technical tab.  The resolution from doc 230 has not been applied (it was a different reject reason).

The 10 comments from doc 230 that were marked green (i.e., discussed in detail) are shown above as “ready for motion”,  the remainder were subject to email review and are shown as “resolution drafted”.

We could also review the one “Editorials objected to” resolution.

CID

Page

Clause

Resn Status

Comment

Proposed Change

Resolution

Owning Ad-hoc

7374

It says "integral"

Delete when preceding "multiple", otherwise change to "integer"

REVISED (EDITOR: 2016-01-28 10:23:41Z) - Change all "integral" to "integer", except at 3581.57.

In reply to the commenter one of "integral" or "integer" may be necessary before "multiple" to make it clear that fractional multiples are not allowed, for example the text at 680.01 needs this qualification.

EDITOR

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)