Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] [STDS-802-11] Draft P802.11REVmd D0.2 is now available in the members area

Thanks to the editors for this.  I have some comments:

- The change made under CID 172 to say

A GDD dependent STA shall cease all transmission when dot11GDDEnablementValidityTimer has expired.

looks suspect to me (the previous bullet and the figure above are equally

suspect).  A MIB variable does not expire.  Probably needs reworking to

talk about the GDD enablement validity timer, whose starting value is set by

dot11GDDEnablementValidityTimer, expiring, or something like that

- I think the changes from "may" to "might" under CID 229 are not

right at (my emphasis to show the key words):

* 1551.47: " A second HT AP that detects a first HT AP’s Beacon frame with the OBSS Non-HT STAs Present field equal to 1 might cause HT-greenfield format and RIFS sequence transmissions of the second AP’s BSS to be protected by setting the HT Protection field of its HT Operation element to non-HT mixed mode."

* 2136.27: "The management entity of this STA chooses a set of STAs with which it might need to authenticate and then might cause the MAC to send an IEEE 802.11 Open System authentication message to each targeted STA."

- For the changes under CID 261, is TGmd happy that e.g.

a broadcast is "addressed to" devices?  Also more generally some

of the changes look suspect to me

- For the changes under CID 269, I have a slight concern: is it

always the DMG caps/op?  This is FST, so it involves multiple PHYs.

Maybe sometimes you include e.g. the HT Cap/Op elements instead?

I would welcome input from a DMG expert

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk