Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] CID 318

Thanks Mark,

I'll bring this up in 11md and see where we might want to add this note.

Cheers,

Mike

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Mark Rison <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[For others on the reflector, this is about adding a

NOTE---A STA is not required to include all mandatory rates in its operational rate set, and a STA starting a BSS is not required to include all mandatory rates in the basic rate set.]

I would suggest either

9.4.2.3 Supported Rates and BSS Membership Selectors element

or

11.1.4.6 Operation of Supported Rates and BSS Membership Selectors element and

Extended Supported Rates and BSS Membership Selectors element

or

11.1.7 Supported rates and extended supported rates advertisement

Probably one of latter two, as this is more "behaviour" than "format".

Note also the existing NOTE in 10.3.1, which says something related

to (but not identical to) CID 318:

NOTE—A STA’s operational rate set does not necessarily contain all the mandatory rates. However a STA has to be

capable of receiving using a mandatory rate (as required by the rules in 10.7 (Multirate support)) even if it is not present

in this set.

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk