[STDS-802-11-TGM] REVmd CID 2088 status

All,

I’ve tried to research the state of REVmd CID 2088:

2088

9.4.2.16

996

58

"Maximum tolerance" is just "tolerance"

Change (I think 4) instances of "maximum tolerance" to "tolerance"; listing one example.

It appears (from minutes) that this was discussed during the April Ad Hoc (Portland) with reference to document 11-19/0556r0.  At that time the consensus of the group was in agreement with 11-19/0556r0, for a resolution of “ACCEPTED”, and it was marked ready for motion.

Later in the Ad Hoc, it was revisited, with a comment made that we “[n]eed to also find things like ‘tolerance shall be maximum’ ”.  The conclusion (again, per the minutes) is that this “will come back separately, the status of CID 2088 is still ‘Ready for Motion’ “.

I can find no minutes’ reference to CID 2088 after that Ad Hoc, until the Atlanta meeting, where the motion that contained this “ACCEPTED” resolution was put to the TG.  At that time, CID 2088 was pulled, because the resolution does not match the proposed resolution in 11-19/0556r2.

11-19/0556r2 does in fact have an updated resolution, which makes other changes in addition to the Proposed Change from the comment.  (Changes the proposed resolution to REVISED.)

However, as indicated above, I can find no indication that when the updated 11-19/0556r2 was discussed in Atlanta, that the CID 2088 changes were noticed or discussed.  (Only CID 2698, which happens to be in the same document.)

My conclusion is that the updates got missed, and/or were assumed to be part of the Ad Hoc discussion, but don’t seem to have been, per the minutes.

I believe REVmd needs to review CID 2088 as contained in 11-19/0556r2, and make a decision about changing the resolution reached in Portland.

Mark