[STDS-802-11-TGM] Proposed resolution to CID 4669

Hi all,

Upon further review, CID 4669 is similar to CID 4670, which has already been resolved.

Both comments are the same but have different proposed resolutions:

Comment: ""All operations in the SSWU algorithm shall be done in constant time. " is already stated, so CSEL and CEQ don't have to say it (indeed, this would suggest that maybe other operations such as multiplication do not have to be in constant time)"

4670 Proposed Resolution:
"Delete "operates in constant time and " (2x).  Change "All operations in the SSWU algorithm shall be done in constant time. " to "All operations in the SSWU algorithm, including CSEL and CEQ, shall be done in constant time. ""

4669 Proposed Resolution:
"Delete "operates in constant time and " (2x)"

Therefore I believe we should reject 4669 for the same reason. I propose we reject the comment with the reason:
"REJECTED. No technical problem has been identified and explicit mention of operations that result in code branching as needing special attention is important information for implementers. CSEL and CEQ are functions that could result in branching so they need to be explicitly identified."

Cheers,

Mike