Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] REVme agenda updated on Mentor

Hey Mark,

No problem. I already have you on the agenda to discuss these plus CID 238.

Cheers,

Mike

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 3:55 PM Mark Rison <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I posted an updated agenda for REVme to mentor here:

> > https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/21/11-21-0583-01-000m-tgme-agenda-may-2021-session.pptx

> Mark Rison (Samsung) – CIDs 315, 276, 238, 559

To save time, here are directions I'd like group discussion on:

CID

Comment

Direction

315

Need to define all the log operators in Subclause 1.5 and use them consistently (maybe have ln, log10 and log2). From a quick grep of md/D3.2, I find- 2 instances of ln- 2 instances of log10- 4 instances of log_10- 6 instances of log2 (OK, defined in 1.5)- 2 instances of log_2- 5 instances of log

Do we agree to use ln, log10 and log2 (not subscripted)?  What kind of log is intended in D.2.4 (I guess base 10?)?  Do we agree ln and Ln (sic) in K.4.2 refer to natural log?

276

The way in which the subfields of Action fields are described is inconsistent as regards those that contain elements. It should either be "Blah element" in the table and then "The Blah element is defined in 9.xxx" in the text below, or it should be "Blah" in the table, and then "The Blah field contains a Blah element (see 9.xxx)"

Which format do we want to use?

559

Mix of "Duration" and "Duration/ID" field references

I vaguely recall that we did something about this in a previous TGm, but I can't remember whether it was to change some of the Duration/IDs to Durations or vice-versa!

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk