[STDS-802-11-TGM] Operation in a PBSS

Hello,

Following the teleconf on Monday, I have discussed operation in a PBSS

with Solomon and Payam, and we have reached consensus that the behaviour

is as follows:

Consider 5 STAs A, B, C, D, E, where A is a PCP, and all want to be in the same PBSS. The following apply:

* B and C can associate to A, and then do security and data exchange using infra-like rules/mechanisms (modulo the fact that A might not provide an intra-BSS forwarding service)

* D and E can choose not to associate with the PCP, and then do security and data exchange with any other STA in the PBSS (including A) using IBSS-like rules/mechanisms (but they are not in an actual IBSS, of course)

* B and C can do security and data exchange with D and E (and with each other, if A does not provide an intra-BSS forwarding service) using IBSS-like rules/mechanisms too

I will update my resolutions, 21/0816, 21/0829 and 21/1128, accordingly.

Please do speak up ASAP if you think the above is not correct or complete.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S.: I have also heard suggestions that DMG relay operation should/will

be deprecated.  Is that so?

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk