[STDS-802-11-TGM] CID 2056

Hi, Mike, Mark Rison and all,

At the end of today’s TGme teleconference, I was asked whether I had any comments or objections on marking CID 2056 as ACCEPTED.  I didn’t have any comments at the time as I was not familiar with the CID and was not following the discussion on the call (sorry).

I have subsequently reviewed CID 2056, and do not feel ACCEPTED is the appropriate resolution.

CID

Commenter

Clause Number(C)

Page(C)

Line(C)

Comment

Proposed Change

2056

Mark RISON

3.2

There are about a dozen "data stream"s, but this term is not defined

Add a definition "data stream: A physical layer (PHY) service data unit (PSDU)."

There are 16 occurrences of “data stream(s)” in REVmd D1.1.

Location

Youhan’s Feedback

P198L61

P199L53

P3512L54

P3622L2

“Data stream” is equivalent to PSDU here IMO

P203L25

“Data stream” means “spatial streams” here, not PSDU

P520L57

P521L59

I don’t know what the is exact definition of “data stream” here is (context = DELBA)

P3097L37

I don’t know what the is exact definition of “data stream” here is (context = WEP)

P3583L14

“Data stream” is not PSDU here.  Rather, this is the LDPC encoder output.

P3675L5

“Data stream” is not PSDU here.  Rather, this is the RS encoder output.

P3711L20 (Figure 21-10)

“Data stream” is not PSDU here.  Rather, this is the BCC encoder input or output (not clear which one on a quick glance), where there are N_ES parallel BCC encoders.

Also, prior to BCC encoder, PHY has added PHY padding on top of PSDU.

P3551L58

P3711L16 (Figure 21-10)

“Data stream” is not PSDU here.  Rather, this corresponds to PSDU + PHY padding.

P3792L59

P4485L43

PPDU seems to be the more correct interpretation of “Data stream” here rather than PSDU.

P3990L60

This is S1G, and I don’t know whether “data stream” here is equivalent to PSDU.

So, my suggested resolution to CID 2056 is:

REJECTED

Data stream does not always mean PSDU.

Thanks.
Youhan