Re: [STDS-802-11-TGM] Proposed resolution for 13 ED2 and 1 GEN CIDs posted

Hi All,

Looking at the resolutions for CIDs 3195 and 3196 I am somewhat concerned as to the clarity of the requirement with the proposed change.  For example, the proposed corrected text will read:

When a nontransmitted BSSID profile is present in one or more Multiple BSSID elements carried in a Probe Response frame, Beacon frame, DMG Beacon frame, or S1G Beacon frame, the profile shall include all elements that are specific to the corresponding nontransmitted BSS. An element, identified by an Element ID and Element ID Extension (if applicable) fields, is considered to be specific to a BSS if any of the following conditions are satisfied:

— At least one element with the same Element ID and Extended Element ID (if applicable) fields is included in the frame that carries the Multiple BSSID element but the contents of the Information field are not the same for the nontransmitted BSSID.

— The nontransmitted BSSID satisfies the condition as specified in the Table 9-60 (Beacon frame

body) for a non-DMG non-S1G AP, Table 9-73 (DMG Beacon frame body) for a DMG AP, or

Table 9-74 (Minimum and full set of optional elements) for a S1G AP for that element to be present

while the transmitted BSSID does not satisfy the corresponding condition.

The element is not identified by an Element ID field but by the element ID contained in the Element ID field (the value of the Element ID field).  Hence, I propose the correction should be to change “Element ID” to “element ID” and “Element ID Extension” to “element ID extension”.  This would align the use of these terms with what is common in clause 9 and other locations (33 instances of “element ID”).  The term “Element ID field” is only found in 5 locations  (where the field is defined (829.16), where the Requested Element ID field is defined (870.41,45),  where the Requested Element ID field is set to 221 (Vendor Specific) (1323.27), and where the value of the Element ID field is call out (1990.62) - basically referring to the element ID.

Regards,

Joseph