From: Mark Rison <m.rison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 7 May, 2024 11:01
To: STDS-802-11-TGM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGM] 11me/D5.0 CID 7225 ("network")

Hello,

CID 7225 was marked "more work required" but the minutes don't remind me

what more work I was supposed to do.  Can you help?

Comment: The term "network" is used a lot, but not actually defined.  It might be equivalent to "BSS", or it might be equivalent to "ESS", or it might be something else

Proposed change: Define the term

My starting offer is:

network: A set of devices that can communicate.  Depending

on the context, a network might be a basic service set (BSS), an

extended service set (ESS), a non-802.11 local area network (LAN)

or a wide area network (WAN).

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk