[STDS-802-11] IoT strategy team - call for interest

Dear 802.11,

Internet of Things (IoT) has many definitions but is sometimes referred to as “a scenario in which each thing has a unique identifier and the ability to communicate over the Internet or a similar wide-area network.” (whaatis.com)

The IEEE-SA  has asked the Corporate Advisory Group (CAG) to serve as a focal point within IEEE SA for  Internet of Things (IoT)  and  host  the formation of strategy team that will initially focus on three application spaces:

·         Internet of Energy

·         Machine-too-Machine Communications

·         Medical Device Communications

The IoT strategy team is forming groups to progress work on each of these application spaces and  requests that anyone with interest in serving in these groups supply their:

·         application area(s) off interest

·         name

·         affiliation

·         email address

·         phone number

Please send the above information to Mary Lynne Nielsen at m.nielsenn@xxxxxxxx with a copy to bkraemer@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please note we will have a multi-WG time slot allocated during our plenary in Geneva to present and discuss  this Internet of Things (IoT) topic as well as a discussion session within 802.11.

Also note that the IEEE has a website http://standards.ieee.org/innovate/iot

Regards,

Bruce Kraemer

Chair 802.11