[STDS-802-11] 802.11ac and 802.11af approved for publication!

Dear 802.11,

The IEEE Standards Board met last week. RevCom and the Standards Board both  approved the request to publish 802.11ac (VHT <6GHz)  and 802.11af (Wlan in TV Whitespace).

I wish I could thank everyone of the hundreds of 802.11 members that contributed  to the completion of these two projects – you should all feel proud of the achievement.

For the moment, I’ll extend my special thanks to the officers who guided the activities .

Congratulations to  the 11AC community especially

Osama Aboul-Magd – Chair

Menzo Wntink and Joonsuk Kim – Vice Chairs

Robert Stacey – Technical Editor

David Yang – Secretary

Also congratulations to the 11af team led by

Richard Kennedy – Chair

Peter Ecclesine – Vice Chair AND Technical Editor

Zhou Lan – Vice Chair AND Secretary

We expect 802.11AC to be published within the next 10 days.

802.11AF is expected to publish sometime in February 2014.

Contribution awards for both projects are being scheduled for the May 14 2014 during the 802.11 meeting to be held at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island in Hawaii.

Regards

Bruce Kraemer

Chair IEEE 802.11