Re: [STDS-802-11] Deleting the HTOperationalMCSSet

It sounds like you are trying to include at least the HTOperationalMCSSet within the OperationalRateSet.

But I am not certain…

The MIB definition of the dot11OperationalRateSet specifically calls out “non-HT” – so if the dot11OperationalRateSet is to include HT rates, then don’t we need to eliminate that part too? See yellow highlight in the MIB definition:

And once we include every rate possible in dot11OperationalRateSet, aren’t there more than 127 values, so the variable needs to be extended?

And what about VHT rates?

I.e. the current MIB variable upper limit is 63.5 Mbps.

It needs to be redefined to support the higher rates of HT and VHT if you are going to eliminate the other rate sets (MCS sets).

And with your current suggested changes, you end up with a statement that says:

No STA is ever allowed to transmit at a rate higher than 63.5 Mbps for data and management frames.

(i.e. 1219.30 – which I find at 1139.40 in D2.0)

I think that the reason why there is a separate MIB is because one is rates as Mbps and the other is MCS values, some of which have the same value if expressed as Mbps rounded to the nearest 0.5 Mbps.

This sounds like something that came up before….

Matthew Fischer