[STDS-802-11] FW: Access to Standards Dictionary

Dear 802.11 members,

If you author submissions to 802.11 to modify standards or amendments,  you should be aware of the IEEE-SA's Standards Dictionary.
This system gathers together all the definitions from IEEE standards (i.e., from the equivalent of our Subclause 3.1) into one place.

There are two reasons you should be aware of this:
1. Try and re-use existing terminology from the dictionary wherever possible.  Use of terms defined in the dictionary without
modification means they don't need to be included in our 3.1.
2. Try to avoid creating conflicting definitions with the standards dictionary.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +44 (7920) 084 900 (mobile,  UK)
Tel: +1 (408) 2397485 (mobile, USA)

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47

Subject: Access to Standards Dictionary

To our valued standard development participants:

As you may know, the IEEE-SA has previously provided free online access to our Standards Dictionary (a database of terms as defined in IEEE standards) to Working Group Officers and Technical Editors.

The IEEE-SA recognizes that this tool is beneficial not only to our Working Group Officers and Technical Editors, but also to the entire Standards Development Community.

Therefore, the IEEE-SA is happy to announce that, effective immediately, the IEEE Standards Dictionary is available to anyone simply by logging onto the myProject Suite of Tools.

You can access the dictionary at http://dictionary.ieee.org or through the myProject login page https://development.standards.ieee.org

The only requirement is for users to have or create a free IEEE Account which can be done at: https://www.ieee.org/profile/public/createwebaccount/showRegister.html