From: Warren Kumari [mailto:warren@xxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 1:14 AM

To: bkraemer@xxxxxxxx

Cc: Dorothy Stanley; pthaler@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Dan Romascanu; Benoit Claise; joel jaeggli; opsawg-chairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP.

 The charter of the IETF Operations Area Working Group (OPSAWG) http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/opsawg/charter/ covers new work as well as work that once belonged in IETF Operations Area WGs that have concluded.

 One of these Working Groups is Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Working Group that developed the CAPWAP protocol with advice and reviews from IEEE 802.11. At the OPSAWG meeting held in London on 3/4/2014 a proposal for an '"Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP'" http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-zhang-opsawg-capwap-cds-02.txt was submitted for consideration as a new OPSAWG work item.

The WG agreed that there is interest in proceeding with this work, but before approving it as WG item would like feedback on whether IEEE 802.11 sees any architectural or technical problems with the approach proposed by this work.

We would be grateful if you can review this work-in-progress document and let us know if you detect any potential problems. If possible we would like to receive your response before April 11, 2014.

We appreciate your continuous support and expert advice for the work done in the IETF.

Yours,

Melinda Shore, Scott Bradner, Warren Kumari.